Reporting vaccinations required for school attendance
School-age children require certain vaccinations to attend school or a valid exemption, and parents and guardians must keep their child’s record up-to-date with the Health Unit. Your options to report vaccinations are listed below.
Options to update your child’s vaccination record:
- Online reporting: Choose one of the two options below to report your vaccinations online.
- Bring a copy of your child’s record to any Health Unit location during regular business hours
- Call 705.522.9200, ext. 458 (toll-free 1.866.522.9200)
- Fax a copy of your child’s vaccination record to 705.677.9616 (confidential fax)
- Mail a copy of your child’s record to:
Sudbury & District Health Unit
Attention: Clinical and Family Services Division
1300 Paris Street
Sudbury, ON P3E 3A3
If your child requires an exemption from vaccination for medical, religious, or conscientious reasons, you must complete and submit one of the following forms, which are available online at www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca (Government of Ontario):
- Statement of Medical Exemption
- Statement of Conscience or Religious Belief
Before reporting your child’s vaccinations to the Health Unit, please read the information below.
The Health Unit maintains and reviews immunization records for children in all schools, and licensed daycares and nurseries within the Greater Sudbury and the districts of Sudbury and Manitoulin.
All of the information you submit is confidential and stored on a secure provincial immunization database. The information is collected and disclosed by the Sudbury & District Health Unit within the authority of the Immunization of School Pupils Act, the Health Promotion and Protection Act, and the Day Nurseries Act, to:
- Review a child’s immunization record during an outbreak of a disease that would be preventable through immunization, to determine if they are protected.
- Annually assess a child’s immunization status to ensure they meet requirements to attend school or licensed daycares or nurseries.
- Share a child’s immunization information with their school principal once suspension orders have been mailed to parents.
- Share a child’s immunization information with their licensed daycare or nursery operator when:
- The child’s immunization information is incomplete and the parent or guardian has not provided the required information to the Health Unit.
- There is an outbreak or risk of an outbreak of a communicable disease and unimmunized or under-immunized children may be required to be excluded from attendance.
- A copy of a child’s immunization record needs to be sent to another health unit if a child moves to a school in another public health unit’s service area.
If you have any questions about your privacy or our collection and disclosure of this information, please call our office at 705.522.9200, ext. 458 (toll-free 1.866.522.9200).
This item was last modified on March 10, 2017