Immunization records and reporting (vaccinations)

Children require certain vaccinations to attend school or child care and early years centres, or they require a valid exemption. Parents and guardians must keep their child’s record up-to-date with the Health Unit.

Adults are also encouraged to report their vaccinations to the Health Unit.

Your options to report vaccinations are listed below. Please read the terms of use.

Options to update your vaccination record:

  1. Online reporting:
  2. Bring a copy of the vaccination record to any Health Unit location during regular business hours.
  3. Call the Health Unit at 705.522.9200, ext. 458 (toll-free 1.866.522.9200).
  4. Fax a copy of the vaccination record to 705.677.9616 (confidential fax).
  5. Mail a copy of the vaccination record to:

Sudbury & District Health Unit

Attention: Clinical Services Division

1300 Paris Street

Sudbury, ON  P3E 3A3

Vaccination exemptions

If your child requires an exemption from vaccination for medical, religious, or conscientious reasons, you must submit one of the following forms, which are available online at (Government of Ontario):

Statement of Medical Exemption
Statement of Conscience or Religious Belief
Topics covered include:

Terms of use

Before reporting vaccinations to the Health Unit, please read this information.

All of the information you submit is confidential and stored on a secure provincial immunization database (Ontario). It is important for everyone to keep track of their personal immunization record.

The Health Unit maintains and reviews immunization records for everyone including children in all schools, licensed child care and early years centres within Greater Sudbury and the districts of Sudbury and Manitoulin.

The information on children is collected and disclosed by the Sudbury & District Health Unit within the authority of the Immunization of School Pupils Act, the Health Promotion and Protection Act, and the Child Care Early Years Act, to:

If you have any questions about your privacy or our collection and disclosure of this information, please call our office at 705.522.9200, ext. 458 (toll-free 1.866.522.9200).

This item was last modified on October 3, 2017