To build a thriving community, it’s important for local residents and organizations to feel invested in what is happening. A little time and passion is all you need to help make your community a better place.
Donating can create change.
Strong community connections lead to support for local initiatives, offer better support for vulnerable populations and create safer neighbourhoods. People with strong connections to their community also tend to be healthier, both physically and mentally (Wellesley Institute, 2012). Your actions can make a difference.
Ways to contribute:
- donate to your favourite charity or organizations
- help clean up your neighbourhood
- give food to your local food banks and soup kitchens
- join a community action network
- participate in a clothing drive
- donate your slightly used items to local organizations
- volunteer your time
- get creative and try some of your own ideas
Have ideas to share? Please let us know.
This item was last modified on September 28, 2015