Frequently Asked Questions

Find a question

Most popular questions

Can I get a record of my immunizations (vaccinations) from the Health Unit?

Are food handler training courses available through the Health Unit? Can I get trained to become a certified food handler?

Can I get birth control pills or condoms from the Health Unit?

Does the Health Unit have curriculum resources for teachers?

I’m breastfeeding and I have questions. Does the Health Unit offer breastfeeding support or a clinic?

Ask a question

Fields marked with a * are required.

We welcome your questions. We can only respond to general information requests from residents of the Sudbury and Manitoulin districts. Do not submit personal health information. Our aim is to respond to your general questions within 2 business days.


Please only use this form for non-urgent issues. For public health emergencies that require an immediate response, call the Health Unit directly. For an emergency response after hours or during holidays, please call the Health Unit's after-hours service line.

Your privacy

Personal information contained on this form is collected under the authority of one or more of the following (as amended): the Health Protection and Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990; the Immunization of School Pupils Act, R.S.O.1990; the Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991, S.O. 1991; and is in compliance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990 and the Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004, S.O. 2004. This information is used to ensure that all appropriate personal care and public health services are provided, and that necessary statistics are kept. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Privacy Officer at the Sudbury & District Health Unit, 1300 Paris Street, Sudbury, ON P3E 3A3, 705.522.9200.