The Health Unit provides programs and services and plans activities and events that promote and protect the health of people in the Sudbury and Manitoulin districts. We are committed to excellence in serving all members of the public, including people with disabilities.
We make every reasonable effort to make sure:
- our programs and services are provided in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities
- people with disabilities are given equitable opportunity to access and benefit from Health Unit programs and services and to participate in activities and events
- our programs and services provided to people with disabilities and others will be integrated, unless an alternate method is necessary to enable a person with a disability to obtain, use or benefit from the programs and services
Accessibility measures are built into the decision-making processes, short- and long-term program planning, purchasing, event planning, emergency planning and the development of new systems and services.
Feedback and comments
We welcome and appreciate your feedback and comments as to how we are meeting your expectations in providing goods and services to people with disabilities.
Your feedback and comments will be directed to the Director of Corporate Services or designate. If you choose to give us your contact information, we will follow up with you as soon as we have had the chance to review your feedback.
6 ways to send feedback or comments:
- Fill out and submit the online Client Feedback Form.
- Download the Client Feedback Form (PDF, 36.5KB) and mail it to Corporate Services, Sudbury & District Health Unit, 1300 Paris Street, Sudbury, ON P3E 3A3.
- Obtain a Client Feedback Form and envelope from reception staff at any Health Unit location, complete it, and return it to any Health Unit location for forwarding to the Divisional Administrative Assistant in Corporate Services.
- Call the Health Unit and ask to speak with the Divisional Administrative Assistant in Corporate Services. The Divisional Administrative Assistant or designate will complete the Client Feedback Form on your behalf.
- Write and mail a letter addressed to Corporate Services (Sudbury & District Health Unit, 1300 Paris Street, Sudbury, ON P3E 3A3).
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our accessibility policies
Listed below are the Health Unit’s accessibility policies related to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA):
- Policy overview
- Legislated requirements
- Client feedback and questions
- Customer service
- Written communication
- Personal assistive devices
- Service animals and support persons
- Disruption of service
- Mandatory staff training
- Individual accommodation plan and emergency individual response plan
This item was last modified on January 31, 2017